Thursday, January 22, 2009

What's This White Stuff???

Here I am. Back for another blog. My parents said they haven’t had a lot of time lately to do a lot of writing on here and people have been wanting to read something… so they paid me to do it. They paid me in biscuits, but they paid me anyway.

And, I’ve also spent a lot of time in my cage as of late (my parents say they are busy and always look tired… so I guess they are telling the truth). So I’ve had a lot of time to think about what I wanted to write.

Then, I woke up on Tuesday morning and it all came to me from heaven. Yep, I was whining and wanted outside… for good reason. I’m only 11 months old and for the first time, I got to see something new. Something cool. Well, something COLD.



Dad let me outside and there is was… this white powdery stuff. All over the ground. Where I normally pee and poop… there was this white stuff. I ran around in it, I jumped around in it. I rolled around in it. I even got a running start and slid across the patio in it while trying to get my ball.

Then, the best part of it. I could eat it. And it was good. It was cold. It felt good on my tummy. And it was all over the yard. It was like a huge buffet. How lucky can I be.

So dad let me stay out in it playing, rolling around, even peeing and pooping in it some of it (not where I was eating it).

But then, just a couple of hours later… its all gone. I know I didn’t eat it all, but it was all gone.


I don’t know much about what it was. I heard them say “snow” and mommy was all excited. But then it was gone. And I was back to the same of green and yellow yard.

Maybe one day I’ll see it again. But until I do, I’ll sit in my cage and dream about it all day long… while drinking my water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Nephew:
I just heard about your adventure with a little snowfall, that occurred down south. I wish you could be up here and see what a real snow looks like. We have had upwards of 12 in on the ground, and let me tell you, these little legs of mine have a tough time getting to that special spot in the yard to do my business. I am so glad that you have learn not to eat the brown or yellow snow. I know what you mean about how good it tastes, I eat it all the time also. It was to bad that during you visit over the holiday, we did not have any snow on the ground here. We could have gone out in the field where you chased the ball all around and had a ball just romping and plowing the snow with our noses. I do that all the time. Makes me look silly, but I sure do have a lot of fun. Anyway, enough is enough and I am starting to look forward when the temps warm a bit so that we can take our walks around the area. Sure do miss them. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. I know I snapped at you a few times when you were here, but you have to remember that you have all that puppy energy and I am a bit older than you and when I get tired, you need to learn to back off and give me my space.
Love you anyhow.
Aunt Ginger

The Stroupe Family said...

Ya'll got LOTS more snow than we did...

Anonymous said...

Yea...you got alot more snow than we did too. It didn't even cover our grass. Justin is jealous...he tried to make a snow angel, it was sad. :-(
Wendy