Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We Are Still Alive

Yeah, we are still here even though it may seem like we have dropped off the face of the earth since we have not posted anything since before Christmas. Well we have had a very busy few weeks.

We headed out to Ohio on Christmas Eve to spend the holiday with Troiano's. (I really thought or hoped we were going to Ohio to see snow for Christmas, but no such luck! Guess it all went to Washington instead) Anyways we had a wonderful time in Ohio even without any snow. I can say I have officially met all the family now...and let me tell you it wasn't nearly as bad as Jeremy and Sandy thought it would be on me. There certainly were a lot of people and I probably couldn't remember half of the names....but it was nice to meet everyone.

Game Night is a tradition when Jeremy and Todd and are in town, so Friday night after Christmas we treated the family to Wii (since I had gotten one for Christmas and Jeremy and Todd had both given me games). Amy wasn't quite sure at first, she seemed a little intimidated, but by the end of the night she was laughing and enjoying it along with everyone.


Jennell and Steph doing some crazy dance moves from Ravin Rabbids (the most bizarre yet fun games)



Sandy and Amy getting ready to dance....they both look a little unsure.

We also went and watched Marley and Me while were there....I will just say we all cried, even John. I think Sandy and I pretty much bawled for the last 30 minutes or more. Seriously we all know what it going to happen do they really have to drag it out for sooooo long. It was a great movie though and some of the dogs and things Marley did really reminded us of our wonderful Brutus..haha.

We headed home from Ohio on Sunday...since we weren't getting any snow. Just a little rain and lots of wind.

Next came New Year's Eve....we had decided to invite all our friends to our house to ring in the new year, needless to say we didn't think this all through so we had only a couple of days to unpack, do laundry, clean the house, get food and stuff ready for the party....oh and finalize all the paperwork and details on the tanning salon (if you have no idea what I am talking about you soon will in another post coming soon). So we had a very busy few days, but things worked out well and all our friends seemed to have a great time or at least I am guessing the ones that stayed until 2:30 or 3 were enjoying themselves...haha. It really was great to have all our friends (well almost all our friends....wemoore :-) that are so special to us here to celebrate the New Year with us.



Scott Z, Nick and Camie Stroupe are trying to show us how to be a "Rock Band". And yes there was even some singing compliments of Danny and Jeremy.

Ok, so that is my brief summary of Christmas and New Year's.....no I am not the writer of the family so that is all you are getting out of me...haha.

Stayed tuned for "Tiki Tan"

And enjoy these "dancing" You Tube videos.



No comments: