Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mommy & Me

So Tuesday after I enjoyed my first snow for a little while and learned not to eat the yellow snow....well I decided that since I couldn't eat the yellow snow then I probably shouldn't make the yellow snow either. In hind sight this was a bad decision and it ended up leading to mommy and me having an accident in the house.

Since I wasn't making yellow snow outside I decided that I probably needed to make some yellow marks in the house, this was really a bad idea! I seem to be having more and more of these bad ideas lately, especially since my parents keep leaving me home alone all day. So I made my yellow marks on the recliner just where I wanted them and I would have been just fine had I not decided to stay right there and sniff around. While I was sniffing mommy came around the corner and caught me. She started yelling at me and I knew I was busted so I quickly decided that running would be the best idea.....and this is where my already bad decision turned even worse. When mommy caught me she drug me over to the recliner and was ready to punish me, being the great puppy (who is almost a year old now) I decided that one more tug to get away was needed. Well mommy was mad and had a tight grip on the collar and when I tugged the collar flew off, which would not have been so bad had the collar not flown directly into her face. I was scared at this point because I knew I was really going to be in a lot of trouble. I sat back and waited for my punishment.

Mommy was sitting on the floor now holding her head, I wasn't really sure what to do. Then I really got scared when mommy moved her hand away from her head and there was blood everywhere. Mommy seemed to stay pretty calm..I was kind of freaking out and not sure what I should do. I followed mommy into the bathroom where she tried to stop the bleeding and to see exactly what had happened. We then saw where she had a pretty big cut above her right eye. I was pretty sure at this point that she was going to need stitches and I wasn't sure how I was going to get a hold of Daddy because he had already left for work. Mommy thought she was going to be ok, but I could tell that she was in a lot of pain. I kept telling her that she needed to call Daddy and tell him. She really didn't want to bother him at work but I think she realized she may need stitches and it would be a little difficult for her to do that and go to work all day.

I finally convinced her to call Daddy and tell him what happpened. I was relieved to hear that he was going to come home and take Mommy to the doctor. Sure enough the doctor put 4 stitches in her and gave her a tetnis shot, since it was my collar that had cut her. Daddy brought her back home and told her that she had to rest all day, she was not allowed to go to work. So I got to spend the rest of the day with mommy, although she wasn't too much fun because her head was really hurting her.


So the rest of the week I got to watch while her eye got black and blue and her arm got really really sore from the tetnis shot. I have tried to be a good dog and I will really try hard to not leave my yellow marks in the house anymore. As you can see in the picture above her eye is getting much better, only a little bruising and yellowing now. And mommy tells me that she gets to go in tomorrow and get her stitches out. She seems excited to get them out. I hope she doesn't end up with too big of scar because she will always remember that I was being a bad puppy...it may be hard to live this one down.

Well that is all from me for now (until I get in trouble again..haha).

Brutus

3 comments:

The Stroupe Family said...

Hope you are feeling better....
Missed you this weekend. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor Nellie! Oh the joys of having a puppy. Hope you're healing well. See ya soon!

Heather said...

OMG, I gasped when I saw the picture, but sorry, I laughed out loud picturing the event (as told by Brutus of course). Hope you're on the mend!