Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mmmm... Slippers

Hey there. It’s me again. Everyone’s favorite dog from North Carolina. At least, I’d better be. If you know any other dogs from North Carolina, then you’d better think long and hard who’s better.

Anyway, mom and dad told me I had to write again. I know what you are thinking… “what did he do this time?” Well, its not like I only write when I’ve done something bad. I think they just wanted me to write so they could put up this really cool picture of me that you see up top.

But… not so fast. So, yeah, I had to write again because, yes, I did something bad again. I know I’m beginning to sound like a broken record, but what the hell do they expect. They work all the time and lock me up. They’ve finally smartened up and put me back in the bathroom to give me more room to walk. They figured out when I was in the kennel… it was HELL when they got home.

Anyway, this time it was the closet that was my target. When they left for work one day, they forgot to latch the closet door shut. And I’ve been in there many times when they’ve been home. There are clothes everywhere. There are slippers. Shoes. Sweaters. Belts. I mean, it’s a free for all.

So, when they left one day, I walked around, laid down by the door and… pop… it fell open. So I started looking around and saw no mom or dad. But there were plenty of clothes. So I started grabbing them all. It was like a shopping spree. There was stuff on the floor. I pulled shirts off hangers. I grabbed sweaters off the rack.

And best of all. I found the slippers. Oh yeah. These were the slippers that mom had taken from me before. They had some sort of animal on the end. And all I wanted to so was play with that animal, bear, panda or whatever it was. But it wasn’t playing back. And in fact, I was tearing it apart. There was white stuff flying everywhere. After a few minutes, they were shredded, and the animal was gone. Oh well

Finally, there was mom’s hair straightener. It was up on the dresser, but the cord was dangling. And I chewed on it for a while. It didn’t taste like anything good. I was hoping the more I did, the more it would taste. But nothing. Oh well.

Then, just like that, dad was home. And he wasn’t happy. He said he’d only been gone for a couple of hours and he couldn’t believe I’d done it. But oh well. It was fun for me while it lasted.
One of these days they’ll figure it out. I’m a people person. I like mom and dad. And without them all day, its no fun. So until they get the point, I guess I’ll keep polishing up on my writing skills.

So until another day… and another adventure…

- Brutus

What mess? Not me!!!!

There once was a slipper in there.


Dad wonders why I'm so wild. We had fun playing with this box that one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness brutus! what are they going to do with you??!! but we still love you!
grandma and grandpa T