Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting Dirty and Cold

First, I must say that I'm happily sitting here on the couch, watching the Jets play the Bills (my Panthers are off and the Seahawks don't start for a couple hours, so i'm watching my fantasy quarterback suck it up) and writing this blog. What does that mean? I didn't move my entire desktop PC out to the tv room.... no, I finally got a laptop. Man, football and a computer on my lap, life is good.

Anyway, its funny how sometimes me and Jennell sit around and think about how we don't do much. Then we start a blog and we look back on it and we do all kinds of crap. Once again, we had quite the busy week.

After going and getting a new computer on Wednesday, we were ready for some "dirty" fun. No... we went to the dirt track on Thursday night. There was racing going on four-straight nights there and we decided to go and check it out. Well, actually to kind of work.

Our friends the Moore's run one of the souvenir trailers for Lowe's Motor Speedway and go to all of the races to sell stuff. Wendy and Jennell have gotten really close and Wendy needed some help, so Jennell went to help on Thursday night. Myself... I got to go help my buddy Rusty. He has a close relationship with the people at LMS and works every one of the dirt track races and helps "pack the track." What is that? Well, we just drive old cars around the dirt track and help pack the dirt. That makes for better racing. Still dont get it? Just go with me on this one and drop it.

So we froze our butts off doing that on Thursday night and got to stay there nice and late. But it was still fun and we liked hanging out with our friends.

Friday night, we skipped the dirt track in favor of some trick-or-treaters here in our neighborhood. Last year, we didn't buy nearly enough candy for all the kids. And a year later and even more houses built, we bought a lot more. And guess what... even less kids this year. That makes no sense. So, we got plenty of extra candy. If any of you out there want some extra candy, come visit us and ring our doorbell, we'll pass some along. We got good stuff... really.

Saturday night, we got to go back to the track. Jennell helped out Wendy again for part of the night, I packed again for part of the night, and we got to watch some decent racing. It wasn't nearly as cold this time, but still just as fun. I finally got to take Jennell out with me while packing the track (although she now tells me that she has rode with me before, thats my great memory). I don't think she was too impressed. She's a huge racing fan, and she would probably be a pretty good racer too, but riding with me isn't her favorite. But that is understandable. I'm kinda crazy out there.

Sunday turned into another "chores around the house and football" day. Its really nice here today too, so we're going to grill out and figure out what this week has in plan for us.

Again, enjoy coming back and reading here and comment when you can. We love reading what you guys think.

JT and Jennell


Jennell and her friend Wendy got to work in the souvenir trailer during a couple of nights at the dirt track. They also had to keep each other warm! They really did have more customers then the picture shows. Honestly.


See the sweet blue van? That's JT's packer car. He looks fly driving it.

No comments: