Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This May Be My Last Post

Hello Everyone, its your favorite dog Brutus! I am not sure what to tell you but I keep hearing mom and dad say I am having some kind of surgery on Thursday...and I really don't understand what that means and if I will be able to continue writing. I also don't know what I am having surgery for as I seem to feel fine and do "whatever" I want all the time. They don't have surgery for stubborn dogs who seem to always get into trouble do they???? Oh know, what could this mean.....

I think this surgery talk came up a while back because I was getting into a lot of trouble and really not being too good of a dog, but hey what do they expect from me, its me Brutus :) But thankfully I hadn't heard anything about it for a while, but then suddenly when Dad was gone for the week to Ohio things changed and as soon as he was back home I had a surgery scheduled. Now again, I am really not sure what this is all about...I have heard mom say I will be missing some manly stuff (ouch that doesn't sound good). And I have heard Dad saying how funny I will be with some cone thing on my head....boy what have I gotten myself into here...

I guess that maybe my decision to start chewing on the granite in the bathroom and eating the corner of the wood molding was not the wisest decision in hind site. I think mom and dad may have been slightly upset about this.
I mean really come on, from this picture it doesn't look too bad...right? They can easily replace the wooden molding...as far as the granite goes it really does look worse in person. I have managed to get some chunks out of it and leave lots of teeth marks and deep scratches in the top part of it.
Or maybe this was the bad decision...when I decided that one corner destroyed wasn't enough so I wanted to see how the other corner tasted. As you can see I was able to get a big chunk off the bottom on this side.


Well enough about me and this surgery deal because it is depressing me to talk and think about. Not sure why I have to lose some of my manlyhood on Thursday and not really sure how that is going to fix the granite in the bathroom...but I guess we will see.


As far as other happening around here....it is supposed to start raining her today for the next couple of day. We have sure had a lot of rain so far this summer. And man when it rains it pours. I know mom and dad are getting tired of the rain. The garden has gotten too much water from the rain and the yard is just like a swamp all the time, it never dries out and the grass seems to be dying in a lot of spots.

This is what happens to the backyard when it rains (which over the last couple months has been at least a couple times a week). Now don't get me wrong, I love to run around, splash and play in all this water....but that usually gets me in some trouble. It might be because then I like to run in the house and shake all over everything. I do see how the grass has a hard time growing when all this water sits on it. I guess when the contractors built our backyard they forgot to level it out or make any grading so the water would flow away instead of just puddling back there like a lake.

Garden update: well mom and dad have managed to keep me out of the garden with the fence, which I don't really like. Things seem to be looking good in there, although I notice some plants starting to yellow a little bit and in my previous life I had some gardening experience that tells me things are a little too wet in there. I know there is nothing mom and dad can do because it just keeps raining, but I hope it can dry out and survive ok because mom and dad both seem pretty excited about their garden. Mom planted a few more plants this morning in it, she added some cilantro, banana peppers (hot ones), and jalapenos....none of which really excite me.


Well since I may only have a couple days left...I better get off this computer and enjoy them! I will probably cause some trouble, just because I can...I mean really how much worse can it get? Hopefully mom and dad will keep you all up to date on my status....and please, please don't laugh at any funny picture of me with a cone on my head. I think I will talk with the vet/doctor about this and see if the cone thing will really be necessary.
Wish me luck
Brutus

No comments: